In the most exciting Royals news on this side of the Atlantic, Princess Eugenie (daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson) is moving to New York. Like so many 23-year-olds before her, she will chase her hopes and dreams in the Big Apple. And this isn’t a pleasure trip – Eugenie will be working at Paddle8, an online auction house that collaborates with non-profits.
Inspired by Stylite’s guide to Eugenie’s life in New York City, we’ve offered up some of our favorite handbags and accessories so that she can prove that royalty has no geographic boundaries.
THE BAG: Diplomacy comes in all forms – Eugnie has proven she isn’t afraid to make a statement with her handbag before, so here are some she might try toting around the city.
1. If the princess wants to represent her homeland abroad, she might opt for a Burberry Ashbury bag. It suits her youth by eschewing the expected nova check in favor of gold leather.
2. This is the time to try out an American designer! This Proenza Schouler XL PS1 will fit her work necessities while flaunting the favorite label of New York socialites. Plus, that color!
THE WATCH: Even princesses have to be punctual. We like the idea of Eugenie to rely on a traditional wristwatch instead of an iPhone.
1. You’re in America now, so what about the Cartier Tank Americaine? We like the bracelet feel of this white gold version.
2. This Rolex Cellini watch calls out elegance, but the feel of the leather strap makes it very day and work appropriate.
3. Since Brits are always off to Polo matches, Eugenie Piaget Polo quartz watch. Bonus: Princesses can always carry off diamonds.
THE JEWELRY: The crown jewels will presumably stay in England. (Won’t they?) But that doesn’t mean that Eugenie can’t accessorize.
1. A pair of classic diamond stud earrings that she can wear day and night will be perfect for balancing a work-socialite lifestyle.
2. Young and urban? The Hermès Collier de Chien (CDC) will give Eugenie a downtown edge when she feels rebellious, but not scandalous.
3. Eugenie seems to favor more delicate jewelry, so a Van Cleef & Arpels Alhambra necklace will suit her just perfectly.