Sure, Hermès has a bag named after Jane Birkin, but for much of the 70′s her bag of choice was a modest straw bag; a wicker basket, to be more precise. Here at PORTERO we are adoring the 70′s chic feel have less humble options with the same boho feel. Inspired by our recent mention on phillymag.com, we’ve complied a collection of straw bags to give you that same Jane Birkin boho feel for summer.
1. Rare Chanel Basket Case Crossbody Bag $4,680 (as seen on Philadelphia Magazine). Picture this: a sunny summer day, a flowy dress, wedges, and good company. This is the perfect bag for the most carefree woman.
2. Valentino Natural Straw with Floral Trim Tote Bag $1,200. The straw material is the perfect casual accessory for your weekend outings, but the leather trim makes it formal enough for the office. Besides, this tote is big enough for you to bring your laptop and a couple of books to work. Be sure to make your coworkers jealous because 1. it’s Valentino, and 2. the price is a steal!
3. Gucci Natural Straw with Gold Leather Positano Scarf Tote Bag $745. Doesn’t matter if you live on a big city far from the beach, sporting this tote bag will make you feel like you’re on the Amalfi Coast.
4. Hermès Limited Edition Picnic Garden Party Straw and Leather Tote Bag $14,999. We’re sure you have seen many straw bags, but we know you haven’t seen a straw bag quite like this one. This bag is for the woman who lives in a constant summer state of mind; a woman who enjoys the outdoors, and the finer things in life. Whether a walk on the beach, a picnic in the park, or a stroll down a quaint street on the French Riviera; this Hermès Garden Party is the perfect companion.
5. Chanel Straw Canvas Laptop Bag $3,180. Want to bring a little bit of the beach to the office? Then you need a Chanel straw bag that fits your laptop and other office essentials. This is a rare find, that will definitely give you a sunny disposition at the office.
Do you think straw bags will be this summer’s “It” bag, or will it be the bucket bag?